A pole saw is an excellent device to cut high tree branches or limbs. It not only saves time but also provides excellent finishing.
Also, you do not need to hire a professional for this task. If you have a pole saw, you can go for the operation all alone. This will save a whole lot of money.
Some people find it easy to trim small branches using it. But they face challenges while going for the thick tree limbs. If you are one of them, I am here for you.
Stay with me for getting to know everything about how to cut tree limbs with a pole saw.
Before you get started To Cut Tree Limbs With A Pole Saw:
Cutting tree limbs using a pole saw is not a difficult task. I will talk about everything you need to know for an efficient operation. But you should ensure a few things before we get started.
1. Restrict the area:
During the cutting operation, the limbs of the tree will fall to the ground. This can injure people. So it is important to restrict people’s movement in the working area.
Experts suggest restricting at least 50 feet around the working area. In this case, you can keep someone guarding the area.
2. Check out for electric wire:
The electrical wire may put you in serious trouble. So before you start the operation, check out the presence of the electrical wire around your selected tree.
In this case, you can disconnect the electric supply before you start the operation. However, even then you need to be careful while conducting the operation.
3. Prepare the pole saw:
That is a very important one. You need to assemble the pole saw perfectly to get an efficient cut. Firstly, you need to connect the parts of the device following the respective manual.
Secondly, adjust the height of the pole according to your need. Too long or two short heights of the pole may interrupt the cutting process.
Also, adjust the chain tension of the saw. In that case, you can read the manual of your respective brand.
4. Get all protective gears:
Before you get started with the cutting operation, make sure to wear all the protective gear. These are helmets, gloves, and eye-protective goggles.
As you are doing it for the first time, it is possible that things may go wrong. In that case for your safety, ensure these protective gears.
Cutting tree limbs with a pole saw:
Cutting thinner limbs is pretty easy. You can easily cut it with a single stroke with the pole saw. But cutting thick limbs could be a challenging task.
However, if you follow some easy techniques, it would be a very easy one. So let’s get started with how to cut tree limbs with a pole saw.
- At first, you need to place the pole at a 45-degree angle to the tree branch and stroke slowly. The aim is to create some grooves in that limb.
- You should reverse the direction of cutting. This promotes a smoother operation. Also, try to stroke in a single angel. You may find the saw to slip sideways during the stroke.
- But do not worry about it. Stop the cutting operation, again take a position and start the cutting operation. Remember you should not cut the whole limbs at once.
- After making these slow stokes, go for the jump cut. Jump-cut will make the limb fall into the ground. So watch the fallen limb carefully to avoid injury from it.
- After cutting the first limbs, clean the area. And then go for the next one.
- In addition, we would recommend using the latex or commercially available pruning sealer to cover up the wounded area. This would protect the tree from disease transmissions.
For cutting too high tree limbs, you need to get a pole saw with a 12-foot long extended handle. You can use a pruner in that case as well. However, for higher but smaller limbs you can use pole saw loppers.
Cutting inappropriately won’t kill trees immediately but incorrect or frequent pruning would certainly do. So it is important to ensure that the branch collar remains intact. This would help the tree to heal the wound.
It is true that cutting tree limbs with a pole saw possess some challenges. But trust me if you follow the above-mentioned steps, someday you will be a master of this job.
I hope now you understand everything about how to cut tree limbs with a pole saw. Keep practicing for making your hand an efficient one in this task. And with that, I am concluding here.